This is literally my favourite day of the year. I Love pancakes sooo much so I’m taking full advantage of this to eat as many as I possibly can.
I am fully aware that crepes are traditionally eaten on pancake day and to be honest I do normally prefer them however, this year I have decided to switch things up a bit and make some American pancakes.
I will admit I’m no expert when it comes to cooking thing’s however, these did turn out tastier than expected, haha. The recipe I used for these pancakes is from Zoe Sugg’ ‘Cordially Invited’ book . I decided to go for this recipe because whenever she makes pancakes they always look Delicious so thought I would give it ago.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time :20 Minutes
- 200g Plain flower
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 250ml Milk
- Tablespoon of veg oil for frying.
- Any topping you want. I went for fruit, syrup, Nutella, squirty cream and yogurt
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar in a mixing bowl before making a well in the centre. In a separate bowl whisk the milk and eggs and pour gently into the well you just created. Mix for a few minutes until combined.
- Heat a a frying pan over medium heat and add about 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Fill your ladle with the batter and pour into the centre of the pan.
- Allow the pancake mix to cook for around 4 minutes or until it becomes a golden colour and then flip it over to allow it to cook for a further 4 minutes.
- If the pan becomes too dry, feel free to add more oil. Continue this method until all of your pancake mix is gone.
- Now for the fun part – decorating. Honestly just throw whatever you want on, I’m sure they will end up tasty no matter what you put on.
Hope you all have a fab week and stuff your faces with as many pancakes as possible. I know I will be!
Let me know how you found this recipe.
What are your plans for today? let me know in the comments.