Hi all, hope you have had a fab week. This week I just wanted to quickly go over some healthier alternatives to eating things like chocolate and crisps.
I know calorie counting can be quite stressful at times (which is why I don’t do it) so it’s important to just be wary of how much food your eating throughout the day. If you feel like you’ve just been snacking on shit all day then it’s best to try some of these alternatives to try to avoid it. I know it’s hard especially with all of the Christmas chocolate still left over in the cupboard but if you really put your mind to it you can make the swap. I know a lot of you wont want healthier options and are happy snaking on your crisps and chocolate and that’s absolutely fine but I just wanted to put this alternative list out there for anyone who may find it useful. I know I do.
Food and soft drink swaps
- Swap Crisps for Pretzels
- Chocolate for Dates
- Fried Chips for Oven Chips
- Fizzy drinks for Diet versions
- Swap Deep Pan pizza for Thin Crust
- Swap Sweet and Sour for Stir Fry
- Swap Sweets for Raisins
Alcoholic drink swaps
- Swap a Pina Colada for a Mojito and save 326kcal
- Swap a pint of Lager for Lager Shandy and save 100 kcal
- Swap Double Rum and coke for single Vodka, lime and soda and save 107 kcal.
- Swap a large glass of White wine spritzer with soda and save 35 kcal.
One thing to remember though is that just because it is a healthier alternative it does not mean that you can eat more of it because the calories will eventually add up so you could have just ate the chocolate you were craving.
Hope you have found this useful. I first saw this on the NHS website and though it would be useful to share with everyone as I have been using the swap lists and I’ve lost weight from it.
Thank you for reading,