HI everyone, hope you have all had a lovely weekend. I know I have!!. Today’s post is another Christmas baking one because, lets face it – who doesn’t like to bake and eat alllll the cake leading up to Christmas??. This cake recipe is similar to the chocolate orange cakes that I uploaded on the first day of blogmas except I didn’t add any chocolate and added Christmas decor. If you fancy a change in flavour feel free to add your own Christmassy ingredients such as cinnamon and ginger etc.
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
- 150g Caster sugar
- 150g Butter
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 3 Large eggs
- 150g self-raising flour, sifted – or the same amount of flour plus 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk
Ingredients for the buttercream:
- 150g butter, softened
- 250g-300g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate orange melted
- 2-3 tablespoons of double cream or milk
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees/ 160 Fan / Gas Mark 4 and line the cupcake holder with 12 cupcake cases.
Step 2: Cupcakes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla and stir until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time, then toss in the flower.
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of batter into the cupcake paper cases and then place in the oven for about 20 minutes. Once cooked, allow to cool for around 5 minutes and then transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 4: The Buttercream
- Beat the butter, icing and vanilla together until it appears light and creamy.
- Fill the icing bag with buttercream and fit the nozzle. Pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake in circular motions and then decorate as you wish.